Role: Carers Service Manager
Requirement: Full time
Salary: £26500 pa rising to £27000 after successful probation.
Hours; 37.5 hours per week
Office Base: Ashford x 1 Norman House, Beaver Road, Ashford, Kent TN23 7SH
Carers Support is a charity providing a wide range of services to unpaid carers in East Kent. Carers` Support Ashford was established in 1994 and provides high quality support to carers from Ashford Shepway, Swale, we are a voluntary organisation and an independent charity with each having a board of trustees. Our Charity works with over 3000 service users in total, encouraging them to achieve their maximum potential, by supporting their wellbeing and building in resilience to enable carers to care for longer.
We are now seeking an experienced manager to join our organisation in this revised key operational role. As an enthusiastic and proactive Manager, you will work with the Head of Services to implement our future strategy of the charity. You will be responsible for direct line management of eight coordinators delivering different aspects of our services across East Kent with responsibility for operational services within your team and with personal accountability for service targets and staff performances. You will manage a team, delivering current planned activities and developing new opportunities to grow our service offering. This exciting role will enable you to make a real impact on the existing services we currently deliver to our carers
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage a team of support staff ensuring they are properly appointed and appropriately managed, motivated, developed, supervised and appraised
• Supporting the maintenance of a positive and engaging culture for the workforce which flows into the services for Carers.
• Provide ongoing direction, information, advice and guidance to support staff teams, by delegating tasks and activities to support the achievement of annual objectives and personal growth for every individual
• Leading and motivating your team to ensure a positive culture of continuous improvement.
Applicants should have:
• Strong leadership skills with the drive to inspire others
• The ability to deliver business targets, with a focus on the growth and development of services.
• Basic financial understanding and experience of budget management.
• A proven track record in team leadership including recruitment and employee development.
• A thorough knowledge of best practise related to the application of Health & Safety legislation and to the principles of Safeguarding and Carers Act 2014.
• Experience of working in the charity sector with people who present venerable needs.
• A management qualification or equivalent through relevant experience.
For further information or a full JD and Application form , Please contact Abbie Johnson on 01233 664393 or email her at; email@example.com
Closing date will be for applications will be 5pm on 19th May 2018. Interviews will be held on the 31th May 2018.
Please note CV`s will not be accepted if not accompanied by a completed application form.