West Kent Mind are pleased to announce a new free coping with life programme to help you challenge unhelpful thinking and behaviour and make positive changes in your life.
‘Managing Depression’ and ‘Managing Stress and Anxiety’ are each programmes of six 90-minute psychoeducational classes held at locations in Ashford, Edenbridge, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks.
What will I learn?
By the end of the programme you will:
- have a good understanding of stress and anxiety or depression
- understand how your thinking affects your mood and behaviour
- understand how negative moods and behaviours are maintained
- be able to challenge unhelpful thinking
- develop and use a range of strategies to help you manage mood and behaviour
What else do I need to know?
There is no charge for the group, however we ask for your commitment to complete the programme. Coping with Life is not suitable if you are already receiving CBT, counselling or another psychological therapy. The programme is designed for adults of 18 and over, though applicants aged 16 – 17 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
After we have received your referral we will arrange a telephone assessment with the programme leader. If it seems that Coping with Life is not the right kind of help, we will try to signpost you to alternative sources of support.
Client self-referrals can be made via our website
Please do take a look to see what we are able to offer.