Carers` Support Coordinators
Salary: £19450.00 per year , 37.5 hrs per week, 12-month Contract
We are looking for professional individuals who are seeking a rewarding career within the volunteer sector. You will need to have experience in identifying and meeting individual carers needs. A warm and pleasant manner with the ability to provide appropriate up to date information, give advice guidance. Be able to complete an assessment directly with carers and coordinate their support in order to support them in their caring role.
- Complete statutory Carer’s Assessments, Carer’s Star assessments and review assessments and support plans in line with the Carers Policy, the Care Act and organisational procedures.
- Assess Carers eligibility to access funded support, such as the CCG funded Primary Care Rapid Access Service and grants.
- Work with Carers to identify their needs, and support options to meet the needs of their demanding role.
- Empower Carers taking into account their views and feelings and well-being, help them to access support and treatment for the person they are caring for.
- Support Carers to develop confidence and skills to enable them to empower themselves and self -advocate.
- Liaise with other organisations and agencies on behalf of carers.
- Process and make referrals to and from other agencies (both statutory and non-statutory) .
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to benefits and practical assistance to complete associated forms.
- Undertake low level advocacy on behalf of carers
- Organise and facilitate support groups, activities and events for Carers across the region with support from our Activities coordinator.
- Attend and contribute to networking events across the region to promote the service, raise awareness of Carers and their needs and identify hidden Carers.
- Record Carer contact and support information on database and information systems within agreed timeframes.
Any appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Car drivers with access to a car only.
For more information, please contact Sara@carers-ashford.org.uk for an application form or call Maggie Pordage for a more informal chat on 01233 664393